The temple which was originally called as the Nandy Molah Burmese Temple was established in 1803 and is located at Pulau Tikus in Penang, Georgetown. It is considered to the lone Burmese Buddhist temple in Penang. Its floors are enormous and there are gardens with interesting statues and aquarium containing fishes and people are allowed to feed them. There are numerous temple buildings sheltering various Buddha statues that are all constructed well. Shops are located nearby where local and foreign tourists can buy souvenirs and artifacts, wooden carvings of animals and many others.
There are stations with offers assorted products too. The land of the temple was donated by one of its woman patrons. She has purchased its land for 390 Spanish dollars from George Layton. The most ancient division of the temple is the Stupa that was built in 1838, along with ceremonial hall secured through a pair of stone elephants.